Our expert teams can support your technology transfer to progress your work including: protecting and managing your intellectual property, evaluating the translational potential of your research portfolios, advising on funding, development path and routes to market. We provide our expertise to help drive the development of promising science towards patient benefit.
Identification and evaluation
Our team of business managers has the experience to assess the potential impact of life science research to deliver effective translation and partnering of your innovations towards commercially viable products.
Protection and exploitation
Our specialist IP teams support patenting and protection of your research to realise its benefits both commercially and for patients.
We’ve helped over 20 organisations with their technology transfer needs including:
- Alzheimer’s Association (USA)
- Diabetes UK
- Parkinson’s UK
- UK’s Medical Research Council
- Worldwide Cancer Research
Over the last 25 years we have managed technology transfer for the UK’s Medical Research Council and their research has generated more than £700m. Your organisation can use commercial returns to fund new projects.
Our track record
- 18+ start-ups supported (including due diligence), such as the UK’s largest & most successful biotech companies, Celltech and CAT.
- Negotiated royalty buyout of US$265m on behalf of the MRC, for the drug Humira® – the biggest deal to arise out of breakthroughs by British scientists.
- Partners generated £50bn+ in revenues from assets developed or protected by us.
- Managed 1000+ patent families, 4000+ agreements & 700+ reagents for clients.
- Over 60 antibodies humanised with 4 drugs on the market: Keytruda®, Tysabri®, Actemra®, and Entyvio®
Our drug discovery and diagnostics centres
Using our experience in identifying and assessing innovative targets for new medicines and diagnostics, we can work with you and your institution to develop and progress small molecule drugs, therapeutic antibodies and diagnostic assays in our labs, towards commercial success.
Training the next generation of tech transfer professionals
We’ve created two fellowship programmes to help develop skills and knowledge for scientists who are interested in building a career in technology transfer. It’s aimed at those with an interest in advancing fundamental science towards patients.
Get in touch
Find out more in our brochure on technology transfer, or contact Steven Tait on +44 (0) 131 311 7024 to discuss your requirements in more detail.