A bit about the role:
This exciting position reports into the Principal Project Manager: PMO Operations and is responsible for the management, strategic implementation, and successful completion of scientific or technical projects and programmes within LifeArc.
The role requires both good scientific and technical understanding relevant to the field of therapeutic research or technology implementation, coupled with extensive cross-functional project management experience from the project to the portfolio level.
- Provide clarity and guidance to Disease Area Leads, Functional Heads and Project Sponsors on the translation of LifeArc strategy, goals, and priorities into Impact with Partners (IWP) portfolio and programme activities
- Supporting Project Sponsors/Leads with operational implementation of strategy, leading the process to initiate, plan, execute and drive to completion programmes of inter-related projects
- Ensure alignment on project scope, deliverables, and resources through effective use of tools (charter, business case, project plan, RACI)
- Define project timelines and milestones based on an understanding of the projects' goals and company resources
- Accountable for oversight of accurate project & programme financial forecasting, and responsible for tracking forecasts to overall project budgets and project quarterly spend commitments
- Ensure provision of information for project & programme monitoring and controlling, including milestone attainment, budget variance, timeline tracking, and other requirements to assess project performance
- Responsible for ensuring project & programme information is entered into systems and databases, and all data is accurate and is updated in a timely manner in accordance with guidance and agreed frequency.
- Ensure project reporting is streamlined to manage workload, whilst tailored to meet the requirements of internal and external stakeholders. Ensure all project reporting requirements to internal and external stakeholders are fulfilled. Ensure outputs drive effective decision-making within the portfolio
- Ensure own work and that of the project teams are compliant with all relevant internal policies and external regulations
- Educated to at least BSc degree, Life Science subject strongly preferred
- Prior Biopharma experience (3-7 years)
- Formal qualification in project management, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Lean six sigma green belt qualification preferred
- Experience and technical understanding in early development and / or discovery research within the life-sciences industry
- Ability to interpret and evaluate scientific, technical and business-related information, and challenge assumptions critically and objectively
- Excellent planning and organising skills with ability to set clear expectations, drive accountability and the tenacity to drive projects to conclusion
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.
Apply now - and start translating your potential!
Please note we are actively recruiting, and the closing date may be brought forward if we find the right person for this role.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.