Job Title: Scientist (Antibody Discovery and Engineering)
Job Type: Permanent
Agencies: We will only work with recruitment partners on our preferred supplier list and will not engage with speculative CVs submitted.
LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
We are looking for a scientist with experience and a passionate interest in identifying therapeutic antibodies for the benefit of patient healthcare. This is an opportunity for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic person to join the Biologics Discovery and Development team within LifeArc’s translational therapeutic platforms. You will support the screening and characterisation of monoclonal antibodies generated from LifeArc’s translational sciences drug discovery programmes.
The Biologics Discovery and Development group is involved at all stages of the antibody discovery platform, including NGS and hit identification, high-throughput screening and lead antibody characterisation/optimisation, as well as delivering antibody humanisation projects. As a Scientist in the team, you will use your expertise to progress our projects, particularly across the screening phase. You will be encouraged to contribute at multiple stages of the projects, with opportunities to apply and expand your skillset across our antibody discovery and humanisation platforms.
Skills & abilities:
- Experience of working in research or industry
- An extensive working knowledge across a range of practical skills, with evidence of assay development or troubleshooting
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and transfection
- Experience with antibody screening (e.g. ELISA and SPR), characterization and/or engineering
- Experience in a high throughput method with associated data capture, handling and interpretation.
- Good understanding of antibody discovery as well as antibody sequence and structure
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Willingness to embrace opportunities to expand skills with new methods or equipment.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Organised and meticulous Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to accurately follow directions
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written
- Act as a role model, bringing our principles to life
- Practical experience within a translational or drug discovery setting
- Molecular biology, including RNA handling, PCR, cloning, mutagenesis, sequence data analysis and vector design Experience with NGS and/or single cell techniques
- Demonstrated capability in NGS antibody sequence analysis would be highly desirable
- PhD in a relevant discipline/ field OR BSc/MSc Degree with relevant laboratory experience
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At LifeArc we are dedicated in building an inclusive workplace and a diverse workforce that can bring a range of skills, new ideas and innovative thinking to our work. So, whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role, but perhaps feel you don’t meet every requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate, and you may be just the right person for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.