Job Title: IT & Business Change Portfolio Manager
Location: Stevenage, Edinburgh, London
Job Type: Permanent
Agencies: We will only work with recruitment partners on our preferred supplier list and will not engage with speculative CVs submitted.
LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
This role reports into the Head of PMO Operations and is responsible for the management, strategic implementation and successful completion of technical or strategic change projects and programmes within LifeArc.
The role requires extensive cross-functional project management experience from the project to the portfolio level.
In this role, you will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team located in one of LifeArc’s Therapeutic Discovery sites (Stevenage, Edinburgh, London). You will act as key business partner to Functional Heads, work closely with our Project Sponsors, Project Leads and enabling function, ensuring strategy is translated into achievable operational plans and that project activities are delivered to the highest quality standards and within agreed timelines and budget.
Experience and skills:
- Extensive experience of managing transformational programmes and projects.
- Ability to critically and objectively interpret and evaluate scientific, technical and business-related information, and challenge assumptions.
- Excellent planning and organising skills with ability to set clear expectations, drive accountability and the tenacity to drive projects to conclusion.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to influence without authority in a matrix environment.
- Skilled in building external networks to access capabilities to support delivery
- Able to right size the project management tool set to meet requirements of exceptional portfolio delivery without over engineering processes and requirements.
- Line Management experience.
- Educated to at least Bachelors degree.
- Project, Programme and Portfolio Management experience (3-7 years)
- Formal qualification in project management.
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from minority ethnic backgrounds, for example, are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At LifeArc we are dedicated in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate and you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.