A bit about the role:
To enable and support our 2030 strategy, LifeArc needs an IT function that can drive and deliver IT solutions at the cutting edge of technology such as Cognitive Computing Cloud services, Big Data and IoT, while managing a safe and secure technical infrastructure. To achieve this, we are now seeking to fill a Head of IT Delivery to oversee all live IT Services, operations, and security.
- To manage, maintain and optimise the live IT environment and all IT services
- Ensure IT services meet the needs of the organisation and provide a robust and secure platform for all IT services
- Stakeholder management. Acting as the focus of all IT operational requirements, Cloud computing, Cyber security, Helpdesk, Procurement etc
- Prepare and control annual Operational IT budgets – circa £1.5m
- Manage outsourced service providers
- Manage an IT team of 8 FTE’s and contractors
- Monitor IT performance, producing KPIs on usage and growth requirements
- IT Project management (under direction of PMO)
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of IT BCP/DR
- Influence and assist in the creation and delivery of the IT Strategy
- Management of outsourcing services
- Experience of implementation of ISO27001 and/or Cyber Essentials+
- Management and expertise in M365, SharePoint, Power BI and Dynamics
- Management of Cloud (Azure) infrastructures
- Experience of Oracle data services
- Good understanding Linux servers
- DR Planning and testing
- IT Audit
- Excellent leadership ability
- Strategic thinker, challenging the ‘as is’ and looks for continual service improvement opportunities
- Highly organised and able to coordinate and prioritise multiple concurrent issues to meet agreed deadlines
- Naturally able to foster effective relationships, work collaboratively and influence internal stakeholders and external partners
- A self-starter able to work independently
- Ability to articulate complex IT issues to all levels of the organisation
- IT, Scientific or Engineering degree
- CompTIA (A+, Cloud+ or Security+)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
- Microsoft certified solutions associate/expert (MCSA/MCSE)
- Information technology infrastructure library (ITIL)
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.
Apply now - and start translating your potential!
Please note we are actively recruiting, and the closing date may be brought forward if we find the right person for this role.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.