Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Agencies: We will only work with recruitment partners on our preferred supplier list and will not engage with speculative CVs submitted.
About the role
The Chief Executive will be responsible for refining LifeArc’s exciting new strategy at a pivotal time for the organisation.
As the principal ambassador for the organisation, the Chief Executive will play a leading role in shaping UK life sciences and delivering a strategy that has offers hope and delivers impact to patients, globally. This will involve working closely with partners across the life science ecosystem and playing an influential role in relevant policy areas.
This role is accountable for:
• Refining LifeArc’s strategy
• Representing LifeArc with key partners
• Financial and operational performance
• Ensuring LifeArc’s people achieve impact effectively
• Shaping and role modelling culture and tone
Whilst strong leadership experience is critical, prior CEO experience is not essential. We are looking for people who have most of the following:
• Commercial experience, with a background in the Life Sciences industry
• Proven Chief Executive or Executive level experience
• A transformative mindset, embracing change
• Ability to manage political landscapes and interactions
• Understand and quantify delivery and impact, not just profit drivers. Holding colleagues to account for
delivering against a range of impact criteria.
• Experience of strategic resource/asset allocation across an organisation, with experience of managing the risks associated with life sciences research.
• Built and led a highly skilled and driven team.
• An inspirational and visible leader with high drive, resilience, commitment, who leads by example
• The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others
• An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organisation and push the boundaries within the industry
• A skilled communicator with the ability to pitch a message to different audiences with different levels of knowledge
• An outward-facing ambassador who will inspire partnership across the life sciences ecosystem
• Networking and relationship building skills to maintain existing connections, and create new ones
• Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
• Self-reflective and aware of their own strengths and weaknesses, constantly seeking to learn and grow
• A measured approach to risk and the willingness to take bold action in order to deliver impact
• An execution focus and the ability to set clear and challenging goals which improve the organisation’s
performance; tenacious and accountable in delivering results
• Sets audacious sustainability goals, driving concerted action and investments, and stays the course in the face of setbacks or push-back from short-term oriented stakeholders
To apply, please contact our recruitment partners:
Russell Reynolds Associates