Job Title: Change Communications Manager
Job Type: Permanent
LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
Working closely with the Senior Manager, Internal Communications, the Change Communications Manager leads the planning and delivery of internal communications for ambitious internal change and transformation projects in LifeArc. The post holder will be a trusted advisor to key internal stakeholders understanding their challenges and opportunities and offer smart strategic thinking to help them deliver change internally.
You will develop meaningful internal comms change strategies while being responsible for shaping, delivering, and measuring our change communications content. You will collaborate with teams such as Translational Science, HR, and members of our Executive Team to create compelling communications that resonate with our employees and drive behaviour change.
- Build on the One Science and One LifeArc internal communications strategy to help drive change and transformation across our community
- Implement a creative and engaging internal communications plan in collaboration with workstream leads / programme managers, weaving in other transformation programmes where needed to create a connected story
- Ensure communication and change activity aligns with HR practices and plans (messaging, approach, and sequencing) contributing ideas on how we can most effectively manage change and communicate with key internal audiences.
- Tell stories in a compelling and engaging way and make the complex easy to understand.
- Create and edit content in a variety of ways following LifeArc’s tone of voice and brand.
- Track effectiveness of change communications interventions, for example by implementing and managing a network of internal change agents, running change pulse surveys, and working with our employee forum
- Conduct appropriate listening exercises to gauge how internal communications are received and acted upon
- Collate and interpret feedback and user data (from intranet, email etc) to identify insights and make recommendations for future communications
- Support delivery of internal events as required
- Support the day-to-day management of the internal communications team, taking on administration responsibilities as needed Support the day-to-day management of the internal communications team, taking on administration responsibilities as needed (Sharepoint etc)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and in an environment of continuous improvement, and manage stressful situations with calm and confidence
Education & experience required:
- 2+ years’ relevant communications or content writing experience
- A change communications specialist, with demonstrable internal communications experience
- Understands the latest internal communications techniques and approaches to increase engagement and drive cultural change
- Have practical experience of implementing internal communications to support leaders and employees through difficult change
- Have practical experience of implementing a communication plan where changes are delivered through multiple workstreams and project leads
- Be able to provide compelling examples of influencing people’s behaviour to adapt to change through a solid, joined-up communication strategy and plan
- Strong technical expertise and experience of working with Sharepoint intranets and Bananatag. Some experience of Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Suite and video software would be an advantage
- Have experience working in a complex organisation, and with multiple stakeholders and can deal with people at various levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, self-manage and prioritise workload
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential issues
- Excellent copywriting and design skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Identifies and monitors evaluation metrics
Skills & abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build strong and effective relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues in a line management structure but also within project teams to lead/support key pieces of work
- Excellent communications planning skills, able to manage multiple priorities and work to tight fixed deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills, able to use project and programme management tools when appropriate
- Diligent listening skills and succinct, focused written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for creating positive experiences in the workplace and behaviour change
- Naturally able to foster effective relationships, work collaboratively and influence internal stakeholders and external partners
- Able to work on complex messaging and deliver messages with clarity
- A self-starter able to work independently and resolve issues
- Thinks and plans strategically, looking at the bigger picture
- Prioritises workload and meet agreed deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Collaborative nature
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from minority ethnic backgrounds, for example, are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At LifeArc we are dedicated in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate and you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.
Apply now - and start translating your potential!
Please note we are actively recruiting, and the closing date may be brought forward if we find the right person for this role.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.