Job Title: Business Manager – Partnerships
Job Type: 12 month Contract
Agencies: We will only work with recruitment partners on our preferred supplier list and will not engage with speculative CVs submitted.
LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
- This role within Partnerships has responsibility for delivering high quality technical assistance, supporting internal and external clients in relation to identification of science that has the potential for patient impact.
- It requires facilitating and supporting the translation and commercialisation of that science including the identification and securing of intellectual property (IP) protection, funding opportunities and delivery of commercial licenses and spinouts
- The successful candidate will work closely with the wider Technology Transfer team on projects and activities, while also growing their own skills and knowledge.
- The role will also involve supporting applicants with funding applications, as well as critically reviewing grant applications and post-award reports and providing advice to internal and external clients on all aspects of translation, development and IP management and commercialization.
- You will provide support from the Technology Transfer team, deliver Technology Transfer services of funding, advice, and support to our current and future clients
- Contribute to the management of projects, including investigation and technologies under development across a range of modalities
- Work closely with the Licensing Division to negotiate various types of contracts and for licence surveillance
- Works collaboratively with the Partnerships team, and sometimes with different parts of LifeArc, including other Partnerships team members, OAG, Science and legal to identify issues and looking for the solutions to problems
- Is delegated to, able to work independently while also seeking clarification, support and input as needed. Identifies possible solutions and looks for opportunities to progress
- Take the lead on work from Principal Business Managers and the wider business manager team as they assess and execute translational science projects and provide advice. Identifies issues early in the process so solutions can be found
- Able to communicate effectively in written work getting the tone right and flexing their . for different types of writing
- Uses and works to KPI’s and targets. Deadline driven but considers how things can be improved in the future
- Qualified to degree level in a scientific discipline with a PhD or equivalent experience in academia or industry
Skills & abilities:
- Have project management experience including the ability to manage and progress multiple projects efficiently
- Be able to work independently and proactively but also as part of teams where there may be multiple expectations and drivers
- Have an understanding of the therapeutic development process and of the academic, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry marketplace
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing efficiently and credibly with a range of stakeholders, including scientist, industry and with colleagues as well as have the ability to influence and constructively challenge key individuals within the organisation and across the scientific community at all levels
- Have experience or knowledge of IP evaluation, management, and licensing in an academic or commercial environment which should include identification, due diligence, and protection of IP
- Knowledge and awareness of the issues around spin-out creation
- Have experience of negotiations
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At LifeArc we are dedicated in building an inclusive workplace and a diverse workforce that can bring a range of skills, new ideas and innovative thinking to our work. So, whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role, but perhaps feel you don’t meet every requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate, and you may be just the right person for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.