Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Agencies: We will only work with recruitment partners on our preferred supplier list and will not engage with speculative CVs submitted.
LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
Reporting to the Principal Business Development Manager, the Business Development Manager (BDM) leads (with support) the evaluation, marketing, negotiation, internal alignment and governance, and execution of a range of BD partnering deals and other transactions in support of LifeArc’s strategy. This role will focus on business development and partnership activities in relation to LifeArc’s Childhood Cancer (CC) and Rare Disease (RD) translational challenges.
- Develop networks within key organisations and develop relationships to enable clear understanding of landscapes of interest, and to assess potential relationship opportunities
- Lead or support deal-related projects within LifeArc, business partnering with scientific and corporate functions, to explore and build business cases of opportunities to in and out license, collaborate, co-fund, or use other mechanisms to advance scientific innovation towards patient benefit
- Lead or support negotiation of term sheets for prioritised opportunities and, with Legal, negotiate contracts according to LifeArc’s needs and requirements, managing all stakeholders and governance processes as appropriate, with support from senior team members
- Provide BD input into internal projects and initiatives, bringing external insight and driving evaluation of new opportunities and key decisions in support of strategy
- Use and/or develop best practise guidelines and standards, using and promoting a learning mindset across the BD team and the LifeArc organisation to allow BD to drive organisational success
- Implements LifeArc’s EDI strategy and principles in the identification, progression and delivery of partnership opportunities
Education & experience:
- Scientific degree
- Advanced degree in science or business desirable
Skills & abilities:
- Experience working in a scientific R&D healthcare organisation – commercial or not for profit
- Experience communicating verbally and in writing to drive senior level decision making
- Experience representing an organisation externally, networking and building relationships in support of strategic goals
- Experience working in childhood cancer and/or rare disease fields desirable
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At LifeArc we are dedicated in building an inclusive workplace and a diverse workforce that can bring a range of skills, new ideas and innovative thinking to our work. So, whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role, but perhaps feel you don’t meet every requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate, and you may be just the right person for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.