Job Title: Analytical Scientist (Mass Spectrometry)
Job Type: Permanent, full time
At LifeArc, we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about making life science life changing that can improve patients’ lives.
A bit about the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable, and collaborative Analytical Scientist with expertise in the analysis of antibodies, ADCs and/or other proteins by mass spectrometry. This role sits within a lab-based team, responsible for the development of analytical methods to support and enhance LifeArc’s diverse project portfolio across the antibody, small molecule and novel modalities space.
As a Scientist, you will be expected to independently conduct research and experiments, analyse and interpret the data, and present results and conclusions to the line manager/project leader and wider project team. Responsibilities include performing established in-house LC-MS workflows confirming sample purity and stability, sequence-to-mass matching, drug-to-antibody ratio (DAR) determination, and peptide mapping. Furthermore, with input and guidance from the team, you will be expected to generate bespoke mass spectrometry workflows to support projects as required.
Education & experience required:
- Experience of working in research or industry
- Expertise in the analysis of antibodies, ADCs or other proteins by mass spectrometry
- Evidence of workflow/assay development or troubleshooting
- Good understanding of antibody structure and structure-function relationships (desirable)
- Experience in the characterization of proteins using other techniques e.g. RP-HPLC, SEC or SDS-PAGE (desirable)
- Experience using Q-Exactive Biopharma Platform (desirable)
- Experience in the application of LC-MS/MS (desirable)
- PhD in a relevant discipline/field OR BSc/MSc Degree with relevant laboratory experience
Skills & abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as part of team to conduct, analyse and report on experiments to a high standard
- Ability to prioritise workload and coordinate with colleagues
- Willingness to embrace opportunities to expand skills with new methods or equipment
- Self-motivated and adaptable, with the organisational skills necessary to work to deadlines and on multiple projects
- Evidence of successful collaboration and ability to work well within a team
- Strong attention to detail and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Organised and meticulous
At LifeArc, our ambition is to make life science life changing. We do this by advancing scientific discoveries beyond the lab, faster, so that they can shape the next generation of diagnostics, treatments, and cures.
Working at the cutting edge of translational science and as the early-stage translation specialists, we progress scientific discoveries on their journey to becoming a medicine, diagnostic or intervention that can improve patients’ lives. Our work begins by seeking out innovative science, then helping to develop this to a point where there is a clinical and commercial pathway for others to invest the time and money to take it further forward.
What we can offer you:
Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience along with other exceptional benefits. Because we understand everyone has different requirements, our flexible benefits allow you to choose those which are important to you. Our pension scheme offers employer contributions of up to 12%, private health insurance, and annual leave of 31 days PLUS bank holidays.
Join us, and you’ll have the scope to be creative and take measured risks. You’ll be rewarded for your curiosity, for working as one team, and for learning fast. And you’ll have everything you need to be your best every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from minority ethnic backgrounds, for example, are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At LifeArc we are dedicated in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so whatever your background or lived experience, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate and you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We all have potential. At LifeArc, you’ll discover what you can really do with it.
Apply now - and start translating your potential!
Please note we are actively recruiting, and the closing date may be brought forward if we find the right person for this role.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.